Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1. In very large bowl, combine bran cereals. Pour boiling water over the cereal; set aside.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together oil, sugar and eggs. Add to the bran mixture.
3. In medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add the dry mixture (in small portions) alternately with buttermilk to the bran mixture. Stir just until all ingredients are moistened.
4. Prepare desired amount of muffins by spooning mixture into greased muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until firm in center.
5. Cover remaining mixture tightly and store in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to six weeks.
Nutrition FactsCalories: 150
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Sodium: 230 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 3 g
Cholesterol: 20 mg